November 15 - 18, 2018 - Emilio Ochando
Flamenco Dance & Technique + Mantón & Castanets
This is Spain, coming to You!
It's Emilio Ochando up close and personal.
These workshops offer something for everyone, from the very beginning student to the most advanced. We’ll be offering two levels of flamenco dance choreography and technique classes specializing in flamenco and danza española styling. (Yes, you, the absolute beginner can and should do this too.)
Emilio recently was awarded 1st place in the 2016 Talent Madrid Contest in the dance category and 1st place in the 2016 Certamen Danza Española for group choreography. WOW!!! You can read about Emilio's other awards (he's won many) and see video of his dancing below.
Emilio comes highly recommended by Ricardo and has been loved by everyone during past workshops.
Let me tell you why...
- He is a fabulous dancer (and I mean fabulous. It is such a treat to watch him.) This means instant inspiration along with lots of instances to put pictures of him in your mind.
- He is a skilled, patient, and organized teacher. He'll show us cool moves and break them down to make it possible for you to really get them.
- He is a gifted choreographer and so creative. (He was recently awarded first place in the Certamen de Danza Española in Madrid and first place in the 2016 Talent Madrid Contest - That's BIG.) This means fresh and super-cool moves.
- He has tons of energy to give to us.
- And, of course, he brings the essence of España and flamenco, that special energía that we just can't get every day (most days) here in Portland.
- Oh, and he's fun and so, so sweet and giving.
Level 1 - TBA
- Friday, November 16 ~ 6:00pm - 7:00pm
- Saturday, November 17 ~ 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Sunday, November 18 ~1:00pm -2:00pm
- Friday, November 16 ~ 7:00 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, November 17 ~ 2:05 - 3:05pm
- Sunday, November 18 ~ 2:05 - 3:05pm
Level 2 - TBA
- Friday, November 16 ~ 8:00 - 9:00pm
- Saturday, November 17 ~ 3:10pm - 4:40pm
- Sunday, November 18 ~ 3:10pm - 4:40pm
Multi-Level Technique: flamenco dance w/danza española styling
- Thursday, November 15 ~ 6:30 - 8:30pm
- Level 1 full workshop TBA
- Level 2 full workshop TBA
- Multi-Level Technique Class $
- Drop-in $35/hr
DISCOUNT BUNDLE: $TBA for one level + Castanets + Thursday technique
$75 initial deposit saves your spot. ($75 to be applied toward workshop.)
*Payment is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Cash Payment Preferred
Lakewood Center for the Arts 368 S State St. Lake Oswego, OR 97034
Emilio will be teaching the choreographies to recorded music (good recorded music) to facilitate holding onto the material once the workshops are over. (Here are some songs he's used in past workshops.)
Because it's fun to hang out with the artist outside of class too, workshop participants will be invited to a spend some time socializing with Emilio. Food, drinks and fun! We'll send you the details once you've registered.
More About Emilio
Emilio Ochando was born in Valencia in 1984 and began his dance studies at nine years of age. By age twelve he was dancing with the Ballet Nacional de España, and at age sixteen he moved to Madrid to continue his professional dance studies at the Royal Conservatory of Madrid. He began dancing with some of the most prestigious flamenco companies in Spain such as: Domingo Ortega, Inma Ortega, Nuevo Ballet Español (Rojas y Rodríguez), Aida Gómez as both a company member and soloist as well as dancing in various Madrid tablaos and touring both internationally and nationally.
Emilio is not only a professional dancer but choreographer as well. Three years ago he formed his own company with shows such as: Ida y Vuelta Escuela Bolera, 3DEUNO, and his third and current work, SIROCO. He also choreographs for elite and renown companies the likes of Rafael Aguilar. At the same time he teaches workshops and masterclasses across the globe in places such as the United States, Canada, England, Japan, and throughout Spain.
Emilio has won numerous awards such as:
- 1st place award for TALENTMADRID2016 teatro del canal y Premio in the category of dance in the contest TALENTMADRID 2016 teatro del canal.
- 1st place award for group choreography in the Certamen de Danza Española y Flamenco at the national level (Madrid) and in the same Certamen awards to travel to create choreographies for Carlota Santana Nueva York and the Conservatorio Superior Maria de Avila.
- 1st place award in the Concurso Internacional de Danza Española y Flamenco Ciudad de Almeria.
- 2nd place award for solo choreography for the Certamen de Danza Española y Flamenco at the national level (Madrid).
- 2nd place award for new artist from the city of Alcalá de Henares (Madrid).
- 4th place award for classical dance in the Concurso Nacional de Danza celebrated in Valencia.
Emilio currently resides in Madrid and is involved as a solo artist in projects for both national and international companies while also showing his third project, Siroco, from his own company, EmiliOchandoYCia.
No refunds will be issued to students who cancel or fail to attend class. Students who cancel within 14 days of a workshop start date will be given a credit. Portland Flamenco Events reserves the right to cancel or change the date of any workshop due to insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances. We will do our best to notify registrants in a timely manner should this occur, and full refunds will be issued. View our cancellation policy here.