FALL Flamenco Tour to Jerez
Fall 2016 Dates TBA | Jerez, Spain |
The Flamenco Tour is a personalized flamenco vacation to Spain to study this art form in its country of origin. It’s a small-group flamenco trip including workshops with master artists, performances, visit to the Arabic bathhouse, palmas classes, Q&A time with Laura, opening night tapas reception, walking tours, trip packet with tips and info, small group support and individual attention…
- A small group workshop (daily classes) including some live accompaniment catered especially to you by Mercedes Ruíz. (She is wonderful and beautiful and fabulous – an incredibly talented dancer who takes extreme pride in teaching.)
- An intimate performance hosted by Mercedes Ruíz with Mercedes and her top dancers with guitarist Santiago Lara and cantaor David Lagos (or another wonderful cantaor)
- Bulerías classes at Peña los Cernícalos with Ana María López with live cante (and sometimes guitarra)
- Palmas and rhythm classes
- Support sessions with Laura to practice material studied in class
- Spa! A relaxing visit to the Hammam Andalusí (Arabic baths) for a massage and to soak in the baths. Click here to learn more about what we do at the hammam.
- A cute apartment in the historic Barrio San Miguel just minutes away from the dance studio and two of the most well-known flamenco peñas. Multiple occupancy apartments equipped with kitchen, washing machine, living and sleeping area. (Private rooms available at additional cost.)
- A walking tour of Jerez (to the Catederal, the Alcázar, bodegas, flamenco barrios Santiago & San Miguel, las plazas…)
- A sherry tasting and bodega tour
- A flamenco shopping tour including a visit to the shop of one of Mercedes’s seamstresses.
- A visit to the Centro Andalúz de Flamenco
- Q & A time with Laura
- Opening night tapas reception and informational meeting
- Small group size and individual attention
- Trip packet including a map of Jerez, recommended restaurants and stores, survival Spanish phrases, and tips from Laura and friends
- Insider travel info for Spain will be supplied upon registration. (I’ve learned from past experience/my mistakes).
- A bilingual guide (me!) with you in all of your classes and accompanying you on group excursions
- Optional add-on visit to see the famous Andalusian Horse show at the Fundación Real Escuela Andaluza del Arte Ecuestre
- A chance to do all of these things with a small, supportive group of people
- Price includes everything described above. It does not include transportation or food and drink (with the exception of the opening night tapas reception.)
- $800 deposit due upon registration to secure your spot
Click here to join.