Workshop 2 of the Understanding Bulerías Series:
Bulerías: The Next Step (Eastisde Location) Summer Workshop: July 8 & 9
LOCATION: 226 SE Madison St. Portland
- Learn the things you wish you knew about bulerías
- Put them into practice with cante and guitar
- And get an ebook, so you don't have to leave it all in the studio
Bulerías is the most improvisational form of flamenco and probably the silliest as well. But it can stress us out. Perhaps we can be silly, but we don't feel like we can improvise. Or we can improvise a bit, but if we do that there's no way we can be silly. Or perhaps we feel unable to do either! This workshop will help you move beyond the barriers giving you the freedom to relax into this dance, make it your own, while following the structure. Sí. It's absolutely possible.
Learn the tricks to "improvise" & adapt your baile to the cante on the fly and make the dance your own
When & Cost*
Saturday, July 8 [2:30 - 4:30]
Sunday, July 9 [12:00 - 2:00]
$80* [includes 4 hours of classes, ebook & guitar accompaniment]
$70 if you've taken this workshop before ($120 for both Bulerías the Next Step & The Ins & Outs of Bulerías)
226 SE Madison Street, Portland, OR 97214
How do I sign up?
Contact us to register.
What will I learn?
- How to make a bulerías choreography your own
- New moves for each component of the dance
- How to create your very own baile por bulerías
- How to pick apart a choreography and use the parts you like ... Mix & Match!
- Where to add or subtract from your choreography & why
- How to adapt a choreography to reflect different situations in the cante (in other words, how to follow the letra without abandoning your choreography)
- How to play with your moves
- How to leave with the cante
- What to do when the cante seems to throw you off
- How to dance your bulerías on your own with the cante and guitarra
What else do I get?
An ebook addressing the concepts covered in class to support your learning and further your understanding. To clarify common questions and act as your reference both during and after the workshop. In other words, it’s a big, helpful reference to use for the rest of your bulerías life.
Are there any prerequisites?
Yes, you must have studied bulerías previously (for example: any of the Understanding Bulerías classes or bulerías classes elsewhere).
*Purchase of this workshop in non-refundable and non-transferable. *Workshop may not be taken by drop-in or class card without instructor permission.